Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ok... today was the toughest training run!

I ran 23.5 km in one of the worst conditions here in Iceland. The day was beautiful, absolutely clear and still... I cannot say the same to the trail that we were running. It is called the Heidmork trail, It was a lot of uphills and we had snow upto 30 cm and the temperature was close to -18.
The trail was the most beautiful that I have run so far, we could see the entire city of Reykjavik when we we almost to the top and it was literally no-one except the 3 of us and it was only 15 mintues from the city.
By the time we finished my face was covered in Ice formed from my sweat... it was quite dramatic! My running partners Asgeir and Joi were in better shape than I was so it was less tougher for them. I have updated my london marathon running log

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Bala, just like to say hello and I am proud of the run that we did together last Saturday, judging from rather short running experience Bala, I thing you did extremely well and you can be very proud of your self for this run. Looking forward, doing this again whit you Bala.
Asgeir

Anonymous said...

Hello Bala, just like to say hello and I am proud of the run that we did together last Saturday, judging from rather short running experience Bala, I thing you did extremely well and you can be very proud of your self for this run. Looking forward, doing this again whit you Bala.
Asgeir