Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fred Wilson and Carlota Perez

Fred WilsonImage via WikipediaFred Wilson has blogged quite a bit about Carlota Perez and the influence that she has had on his firm's investment thesis. I cannot explain the profound impact Fred and his blog has had on shaping my own thinking in the world of VC investing. I believe very strongly that the work Carlota has done in writing about Technological Installation, Bubble formation and Deployment of value on top of the carcass is fundamentally what investors need to consider in taking a long term view of investing. As VC investors you cannot afford not to look long term.

This presentation has given me more evidence on my idea to launch a VC fund here in Iceland. I have bounced the ideas off many people and I think I am on the right path.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: