Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Power of the Mind

Lance Armstrong at the team presentation of th...
Image via Wikipedia
Interesting article on things we already know about our Mind can help us deal with the challenges that we face in our lives. I can relate to most of the items given in the article especially the one about visualization and also changing your thoughts by just smiling etc. My brother-in-law Sigfus is an Olympic Silver Medalist and I used to train with another Olympian. World class athletes use visualization a lot and I know this for a fact. I have heard Sigfus talk about how the Icelandic Handball team used to visualize the entire game before they even walked out of the dressing room during the Beijing Olympics. I guess what great coaches can help you do is help you visualize and picture the end state. I think everyone can do this, I am reminded by an inspirational video that I saw where the quote said "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"... here is that video it is very inspirational to me.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: